Hospice Registered Nurse (RN)-Full Time
Come Work with Our After-Hours Team and Reconnect with the Reason You Became a Nurse!
Schedule is Full Time, 40 hours/week
*Availiability of 32-36 hours will also be taken into consideration and includes excellent Full Time Benefits, including 401(k)*
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. They built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals. By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience.
Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the companys daily operations. Casa de la Luz Hospice has established an outstanding reputation for compassionate and superior care. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
The after-hours RN plans, organizes and directs hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The after-hours RN responds to patient/family/caregiver needs during the evening or weekend hours of operation.
- Patient Care
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family when assigned to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by:
- Re-evaluating patient/family/caregiver needs
- Revising the Plan of Care as necessary
- Completes, maintains, and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the patient’s condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate in electronic record, at point of service.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required, enters information in the electronic record.
Skills / Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, currently licensed in Arizona.
- Two years of recent nursing experience required; one year of hospice or home health experience preferred.
- Excellent observation skills, verbal and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills; experience with electronic health records.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Arizona drivers license.
- Must be able to: withstand prolonged/considerable walking and standing; lift, position and/or transfer patients; frequently reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and/or crouch.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7-1198