Certified Caregiver, Per Diem
- Job ID
- Per Diem
- Shift (Days/Hours)
- Per Diem
Casa de la Luz Hospice is seeking to hire a Per Diem Caregiver at our Assisted Living Home, Kanmar Place!
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. They built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals.
By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience. Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the company's daily operations. Casa de la Luz Hospice has established an outstanding reputation for compassionate and superior care. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Casa has also been voted as Tucson's Best Place to Work on more than one occasion due to our commitment to our employees. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
Kanmar offers its employees a positive team environment in a beautiful and tranquil home setting. There are always 2 caregivers on staff for our 5 residents. Kanmar provides an environment of compassion and caring where a resident may live with dignity and self-worth. The emphasis at Kanmar Place is to offer a superior quality of life at the end of life. Kanmar’s team offers physical, emotional, and spiritual support to the resident and their family.
The trained caregiver is a member of the residential hospice home team and works under the supervision of the manager and to perform various services for the resident as necessary to meet the resident’s personal needs and to promote comfort. A trained caregiver will act as the manager’s designee, in the absence of the manager, on a rotating basis. The trained caregiver is responsible for observing the resident, reporting these observations to the manager and/or home RN case manager, and documenting observations and care performed. The trained caregiver is also responsible for meal preparation and housekeeping.
- Performs personal care needs according to the resident’s personalized plan of care
- Oral hygiene
- Administering medication
- Changing bed linens
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals as assigned.
- Assists in feeding
- Takes and records temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure
- Reports on resident's condition and significant changes to the home RN case manager.
- Assists in ambulation and exercise of resident.
- Offers and assists with bedpans and urinals. Provides assistance as assigned.
- Performs treatments as ordered by medical practitioner with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Keeps resident’s living area clean and orderly, as assigned.
- Respectful of resident/family/caregiver environment and resident’s personal needs.
- Performs housekeeping and laundry services to maintain environmental standards.
- Adheres to the organization’s documentation and care procedures, continuing education standards and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Adheres to Casa Mission, Core Values and Job Non-Negotiables.
- Must have all three levels of caregiver certification (personal, direct & supervisory).
- Must have recent experience passing meds.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Compassionate, caring and service-oriented.
- Must be a team-player.
- Experience with food preparation, housekeeping.